Bonny Bunny - Dot

Hi everyone, Dot here.
I've been itching to have a play with the Bonny Bunny stamp set since I first saw it!
I thought I would share a step by step on an alcohol ink card that I made using this set.


When playing with alcohol inks you need some shiny cardstock, alcohol inks, blending solution and a blending tool with a thin felt pad.

Put some alcohol ink onto your felt and dab around till you have covered your card.  I've used honeycomb, caramel and espresso.  You can get some real interesting effects with the ink as it dries.


Pour a little blending solution onto the background, let sit then dry.  It bleaches out!  I did this about three times and discovered some very interesting effects.


I decided to black emboss the bunny - but it really wasn't necessary though.  Plain stamping would have done to be honest.  If you have a go at this, and decide to do some plain stamping, use archival and dry with a heat tool.  Archival is a slow drying ink and it will smudge easily otherwise.


Randomly stamp some of the large carrots to add some interest.  I've masked them so that they look more bunched up.  I've used archival sienna red ink.  Dry well (no smudging accidents then!)


It's coming together really well now, so I decided to have a play.  I've added some orange and green on the carrots with distress oxides.  It worked!  


I was still in play mode, so I've masked the bunny and added some oxide splatters seeing as it worked on the carrots.  


For a finishing touch I've added some more carrot tops and inked the edges with archival jet black.  This is just something I always do, it takes away the white edge around the card.


To finish:  Mat and layer your card any way that you like. I've also added some words from the Bonny Bunny set using some leftover shiny card.  




Happy stamping!!!   Dot x





Comments

You background again is magnificent Dot, a true Autumnal effect and a fun extra by adding the carrot into it all. I adore this Bonny Bunny and have used him for so many occasions. He's so loved that i'm working with him at present. Thank you for the inspiration again.. Hugs Tracey xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Stunning card, Dot! Love how the blending soloution made that lighter center - really makes the bunny on top pop! Thank you so much for sharing!
♥ ♥ ♥
Bibi Lindahl said…
Nice to hear that you love that stamp so much, Tracey! xx
Such a beautiful card! Great!
Mac Mable said…
Love the background and the techniques you have used with the oxides too. Such a gorgeous card x
Bonny Bunny looks extra fab, it always makes me happy when I see him inked up :)
Hugs
Donna xx
Brilliant Card Dot. The background with alcohol inks is just superb, thanks for sharing your talent with us.
ionabunny said…
I've never really got to grips with alcohol inks but I love the background and of course the bunny.. Thanks for the tips. Hugz
Rubber Dance said…
WOW! What a stunning card. Tha background looks so amazing Dot!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!